How our inner Ego sometimes misjudges a PERSON
A lady in a faded grey dress and her husband, dressed in a home-spun suit walked in timidly without an appointment into the Harvard University President’s outer office. The secretary could tell in a moment that such backwoods, country hicks had no business at Harvard and probably didn’t even deserve to be in Harvard.
“We want to see the President “the ma n said softly.“He’ll be busy all day “the secretary snapped.“We’ll wait” the lady replied.
For hours the secretary ignored them, hoping that the couple would finally become discouraged and go away. They didn’t and the secretary grew frustrated and finally decided to disturb the president.
“Maybe if you see them for a few minutes, they’ll leave” she said to him. The President, stern faced and with dignity, strutted toward the couple.
The lady told him “We had a son who attended Harvard for one y ear. He loved Harvard. He was happy here. But about a year ago, he was accidentally killed. My husband and I would like to erect a memorial to him, somewhere on campus.”
The president wasn’t touched….He was shocked. “Madam “he said, gruffly, ” we can’t … Read More »
This is hysterical. You have to try this. It is absolutely true. I guess there are some things that the brain cannot handle.
HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?
This takes 2 seconds. I could not believe this! It is from a Physiotherapist… This will boggle your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but you can’t. It’s pre-programmed in your brain!
1. Without anyone watching you (they will think you are GOOFY!!) and while sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles with it.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number ‘6’ in the air with yourright hand. Your foot will change direction. And there’s nothing you can do about it! Send it to your friends to frustrate them too.
AMAZING ISN’T IT?
The run option of Start menu is used to run a program or to open a document directly. If you do not know the exact location of the program or document then click on Start -> Run and type the programs shortcut name to open it directly.
Appwiz.cpl — Used to run Add/Remove wizardCalc –CalculatorCfgwiz32 –ISDN Configuration WizardCharmap –Character MapChkdisk –Repair damaged filesCleanmgr –Cleans up hard drivesClipbrd –Windows Clipboard viewerControl –Displays Control PanelCmd –Opens a new Command WindowControl mouse –Used to control mouse propertiesDcomcnfg –DCOM user securityDebug –Assembly language programming toolDefrag –Defragmentation toolDrwatson –Records programs crash & snapshotsDxdiag –DirectX Diagnostic UtilityExplorer –Windows ExplorerFontview –Graphical font viewerFsmgmt.msc — Used to open shared foldersFirewall.cpl — Used to configure windows firewallFtp -FTP.exe programHostname –Returns Computer’s nameHdwwiz.cpl — Used to run Add Hardware wizardIpconfig –Displays IP configuration for all network adaptersLogoff — Used to logoff the computerMMC –Microsoft Management ConsoleMsconfig –Configuration to edit startup filesMstsc — Used to access remote desktopMrc — Malicious Software Removal ToolMsinfo32 –Microsoft System Information UtilityNbtstat –Displays stats and current connections using NetBIOS over TCP/IPNetstat –Displays all active network connectionsNslookup–Returns your local DNS serverOsk —Used to access on screen keyboardPerfmon.msc — Used to configure the performance of Monitor.Ping … Read More »
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven’t eaten in 3 years.
Which room is safest for him?
2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for Over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
5. This is an unusual paragraph. I’m curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.
Try to do … Read More »
TRUST is a very important factor for all relationships. When trust is broken, it is the end of the relationship. Lack of trust leads to suspicion, suspicion generates anger, anger causes enmity and enmity may result in separation.
A telephone operator told me that one day she received a phone call. She answered, “Public Utilities Board.” There was silence. She repeated, “PUB.” There was still no answer. When she was going to cut off the line, she Heard a lady’s voice, “Oh, so this is PUB. Sorry, I got the number from my Husband’s pocket but I do not know whose number it is.”
Without mutual trust, just imagine what will happen to the couple if the telephone operator answered with just “hello” instead of “PUB”.
———— ——— ——— ——— ——— ———
NO POINTING FINGERS
A man asked his father-in-law, “Many people praised you for a successful marriage. Could you please share with me your secret?”
The father-in-law answered in a smile, “Never criticize your wife for her shortcomings or when she does something wrong. Always bear in mind that because of her shortcomings and weaknesses, she could not find a better husband than you.”
We all look … Read More »